CAMOMILE (Matricaria chamomilla) – loose flower herb, herbal tea
Everyone knows something about Camomile – this is one of the oldest healing herbs known to man – sweet in taste and extremely versatile.
Traditional therapeutic use
- Fever reducing (antipyretic).
- Anti Allergic – Camomile is an ingredient of a treatment herbal tea mix for this condition – contact us for a personalised consultation.
- Anti-bacterial (e.g. Staphylococcus aureus and Bacillus subtilis, E.coli).
- Digestive system sedative.
- Stems digestive bleeding (as a cold tea).
- Intestinal disinfectant.
- Childhood asthma.
- Relieves menstrual cramps.
- Calms the central nervous system.
- Immune system booster.
- Eye infection drops (especially against dust and allergies).
- Wound cleanser.
- Herbal bath agent (balneological)… for
- Female issues.
- Haemorrhoid complaints.
- Fungal illnesses.
- Skin complaints.
- Safe to use on pets externally (fast acting).
Possible side effects
Vomiting is possible in higher doses.
Our plants are harvested during particular seasons, times of the day and according to the lunar calendar to ensure the plants or parts of it have the highest nutritional value. For example, roots are picked on a waning moon. Once harvested, they are packaged by hand because we try to avoid using metal equipment and utensils that could reduce the beneficial properties of the plant.
Because these products do contain active ingredients, please ensure that you do not exceed the recommended doses and if in any doubt, or if you experience any side effects – however slight – please consult your doctor or healthcare professional.