GOLDENROD (Solidaginis virgaureae) – loose herb, herbal tea
T ‘n’ T Teas is a company run by qualified herbalists and natural therapists (and author of a forthcoming book on the subject of therapeutic herbs), using traditional remedies that have been handed down through the generations.
This offer is for a single herb ingredient, but contact us for a personalised consultation for herbal ingredient mixes that are tailored to your requirements. Contact us on our website, or through the eBay/Amazon messages.
Traditional therapeutic use
- Blood sugar-lowering inulin
- Bladder and liver problems.
- Kidney stone inflammation.
- Removes smaller gallstones.
- Soothes pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Rheumatic and joint diseases.
- Intestinal inflammation.
- Diuretic – goldenrod as an ingredient of a treatment herbal tea mix for this condition – contact us for a personalised consultation.
- Gastrointestinal (bile, stomach) cramps.
- Lowers blood pressure (see side effects).
- Mild sedative.
- Inflamed kidneys (nephritis).
- Protein and blood urination.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Mucus remover for coughs and asthma.
- Whooping cough.
- Prostate problems.
- Lowers high cholesterol.
- Sweat stimulant.
- Blood cleanser.
- Stem heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Relieve menstrual pain.
- Wound healing.
- Ulcer cleansing.
- Skin disease – wounds, eczema, acne prone skin, dermatitis.
- Insect bites.
- Throat rinsing.
- Varicose veins.
- Rheumatic joint problems.
- Can be used as a vaginal rinse in case of a fungal infection.
Possible side effects and interactions
Not recommended during pregnancy, or whilst breastfeeding.
Children under 12 years of age should not use this herb.
It should be avoided in patients with oedema due to renal or cardiac insufficiency.
It might cause heartburn.
People who are allergic to latex might also be allergic to goldenrod.
There is a concern that goldenrod might make the body accumulate more sodium (salt). This can make high blood pressure worse. Consult your doctor if in doubt.
If you have a lower blood pressure than you need, drink the goldenrod carefully, because it lowers your blood pressure to a small extent. Consult your doctor if in doubt.
Some experts warn that goldenrod may interfere with the body’s response against COVID-19. There is no strong data to support this warning.
Our plants are harvested during particular seasons, times of the day and according to the lunar calendar to ensure the plants or parts of it have the highest nutritional value. For example, roots are picked on a waning moon. Once harvested, they are packaged by hand because we try to avoid using metal equipment and utensils that could reduce the beneficial properties of the plant.
Because these products do contain active ingredients, please ensure that you do not exceed the recommended doses and if in any doubt, or if you experience any side effects – however slight – please consult your doctor or healthcare professional.