JUNIPER (Juniperus communis) – loose fruit herb, herbal tea
The fruits of the evergreen shrub are well-known, especially as a flavouring in Gin.
Traditional therapeutic use
- Strong diuretic. Helps with hypertension and swelling of limbs.
- Fever reducer (antipyretic).
- Appetite suppressant.
- Digestive (if ingested 20 minutes before a meal).
- Bile production stimulant.
- Catarrh & bronchitis soother.
- Premenstrual mood enhancer and regulator – juniper is an ingredient of a treatment herbal tea mix for this condition – contact us for a personalised consultation.
- Weight loss ointment.
- Muscle relaxant, especially for the shoulders and for stress-related headaches.
- Rheumatic, spinal and joint pain relief.
Possible side effects & interaction
1. Not advisable for pregnant women.
2. It has a strong kidney irritation, therefore limit its use to approx. 10 days. The daily dose should not exceed 8 berries. After this, you should take a break.
Our plants are harvested during particular seasons, times of the day and according to the lunar calendar to ensure the plants or parts of it have the highest nutritional value. For example, roots are picked on a waning moon. Once harvested, they are packaged by hand because we try to avoid using metal equipment and utensils that could reduce the beneficial properties of the plant.
Because these products do contain active ingredients, please ensure that you do not exceed the recommended doses and if in any doubt, or if you experience any side effects – however slight – please consult your doctor or healthcare professional.