LEMON BALM (Melissa officinalis) – loose leaf herb, herbal tea
T ‘n’ T Teas is a company run by qualified herbalists and natural therapists (and author of a forthcoming book on the subject of therapeutic herbs), using traditional remedies that have been handed down through the generations.
This offer is for a single herb ingredient, but contact us for a personalised consultation for herbal ingredient mixes that are tailored to your requirements. Contact us on our website, or through the eBay/Amazon messages.
Traditional therapeutic use
- Nerve tonic – it contains the most natural sedative Green seduxen (diazepam).
- Appetite suppressant.
- Fever reducer (antipyretic).
- Helps with alcohol and drug withdrawal treatments.
- Eliminates stress-based stomach pain and diarrhoea.
- Improves restlessness in heart palpitations – lemon balm is an ingredient of a treatment herbal tea mix for this condition – contact us for a personalised consultation.
- Sleep enhancer and relaxant – lemon balm is an ingredient of a treatment herbal tea mix for this condition – contact us for a personalised consultation.
- Gallbladder enhancer.
- Antiviral against shingles (herpes zoster) and other herpes viruses (cold sores).
- There’s also research to suggest that lemon balm can be used to relieve menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Reduces stress headaches.
- Reduces joint and muscle rheumatic pains.
- Soothes irritated skin.
- Antibacterial for cuts and scrapes.
Possible side effects & interactions
Lemon balm should only be used for a short period of time. A general rule of thumb is to take one week off after every three weeks of use. You shouldn’t take lemon balm for longer than four months at a time without a break.
You should talk to your doctor before use if you’re taking:
- Glaucoma medications.
- Thyroid medications.
- Drugs that affect serotonin.
You should also talk to your doctor before use if:
- You’re pregnant.
- You’re breastfeeding.
- You want to administer lemon balm to an infant or child under the age of 12.
- You have a scheduled surgery.
Our plants are harvested during particular seasons, times of the day and according to the lunar calendar to ensure the plants or parts of it have the highest nutritional value. For example, roots are picked on a waning moon. Once harvested, they are packaged by hand because we try to avoid using metal equipment and utensils that could reduce the beneficial properties of the plant.
Because these products do contain active ingredients, please ensure that you do not exceed the recommended doses and if in any doubt, or if you experience any side effects – however slight – please consult your doctor or healthcare professional.