LEMON PEEL (Citrus limon) – loose fruit peel herb
T ‘n’ T Teas is a company run by qualified herbalists and natural therapists (and author of a forthcoming book on the subject of therapeutic herbs), using traditional remedies that have been handed down through the generations.
This offer is for a single herb ingredient, but contact us for a personalised consultation for herbal ingredient mixes that are tailored to your requirements. Contact us on our website, or through the eBay/Amazon messages.
Traditional therapeutic use
- Due to its high calcium content, it has a good effect on bone and joint health.
- Detoxifier thanks to the citrus bioflavonoids that help remove toxins from the body.
- Reduces cholesterol levels, and good for the heart.
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
- Contains pectins, that promote weight loss and helps with the absorption of vitamin C.
- Supports oral health.
- High in antioxidants.
- Good antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Has anticancer properties.
- Treats gallstones.
- Contains vitamin C, and D-limonene. It also contains several minerals which may stimulate your body’s immune system to protect your health.
- Flavonoids, vitamin C, and pectin in Lemon peel may promote heart health by lowering blood cholesterol levels and other risk factors for heart disease.
- Antibacterial properties.
Possible side effects & interactions
There are no reported side effects of Lemon peel. It’s recognised as safe.
Although animal studies link high doses of D-limonene to carcinogenic effects, this finding is irrelevant because humans lack the protein responsible for this association.
Our plants are harvested during particular seasons, times of the day and according to the lunar calendar to ensure the plants or parts of it have the highest nutritional value. For example, roots are picked on a waning moon. Once harvested, they are packaged by hand because we try to avoid using metal equipment and utensils that could reduce the beneficial properties of the plant.
Because these products do contain active ingredients, please ensure that you do not exceed the recommended doses and if in any doubt, or if you experience any side effects – however slight – please consult your doctor or healthcare professional.