MARIGOLD (Calendula officinalis) – loose flower herb, herbal tea
T ‘n’ T Teas is a company run by qualified herbalists and natural therapists (and author of a forthcoming book on the subject of therapeutic herbs), using traditional remedies that have been handed down through the generations.
This offer is for a single herb ingredient, but contact us for a personalised consultation for herbal ingredient mixes that are tailored to your requirements. Contact us on our website, or through the eBay/Amazon messages.
Traditional therapeutic use
- Improves bile production and stimulates bile secretion.
- Lowers high blood pressure.
- Calms a rapid heartbeat.
- Dissolves digestive cramps and gastric inflammation.
- Cystitis – marigold is an ingredient of a treatment herbal tea mix for this condition – contact us for a personalised consultation.
- Cleansing the blood.
- Soothes gastric ulcers – marigold is an ingredient of a treatment herbal tea mix for this condition – contact us for a personalised consultation.
- Suitable for varicose veins, internally.
- Induces sweating.
- Promotes menstruation.
- Increase urination.
- Relief from flu and fevers.
- Wound healing anti-inflammatory, including dermatitis.
- Suitable for varicose veins, externally.
Possible side effects & interactions
You should avoid marigold products if you have a known allergy to ragweed, daisies, chrysanthemums, camomile, echinacea and other plants in the same family as marigolds.
For women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, little is known about the effects of calendula, so it’s best to get your doctor’s advice before taking any internally or using extracts on the skin.
It is, however, known to stimulate menstruation, so pregnant women (or animals) should not use it internally without consulting with their health care provider first.
Do not apply calendula directly to open wounds without being directed to do so by your doctor, as this can cause irritation. Some notice that marigold/calendula increases drowsiness, especially when combined with sleep medications, anti-anxiety medications or tranquillisers.
Our plants are harvested during particular seasons, times of the day and according to the lunar calendar to ensure the plants or parts of it have the highest nutritional value. For example, roots are picked on a waning moon. Once harvested, they are packaged by hand because we try to avoid using metal equipment and utensils that could reduce the beneficial properties of the plant.
Because these products do contain active ingredients, please ensure that you do not exceed the recommended doses and if in any doubt, or if you experience any side effects – however slight – please consult your doctor or healthcare professional.