PEPPERMINT (Mentha piperita) – loose herb, herbal tea
T ‘n’ T Teas is a company run by qualified herbalists and natural therapists (and author of a forthcoming book on the subject of therapeutic herbs), using traditional remedies that have been handed down through the generations.
This offer is for a single herb ingredient, but contact us for a personalised consultation for herbal ingredient mixes that are tailored to your requirements. Contact us on our website, or through the eBay/Amazon messages.
Traditional therapeutic use
- Appetite enhancer.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Gallbladder enhancer – peppermint is an ingredient of a treatment herbal tea mix for this condition – contact us for a personalised consultation.
- Digestive and flatulence issues – with the T’n’Teas Digestion Protection (Colon) herbal tea mix.
- Metabolic regulator.
- Refreshing tonic.
- Oral inflammation such as gingivitis with a mouthwash.
- Reduce nausea.
- Itch reduction, skin cooling and anti-inflammatory caused by insect bites and rheumatic pain.
- Anti-inflammation and local anaesthetic.
Possible side effects & interactions
May cause vision problems when used for extended periods of time.
Pure menthol is not to be used with children.
Not recommended for high blood pressure.
Can cause heartburn, headaches and mouth sores if taken in large quantities.
Our plants are harvested during particular seasons, times of the day and according to the lunar calendar to ensure the plants or parts of it have the highest nutritional value. For example, roots are picked on a waning moon. Once harvested, they are packaged by hand because we try to avoid using metal equipment and utensils that could reduce the beneficial properties of the plant.
Because these products do contain active ingredients, please ensure that you do not exceed the recommended doses and if in any doubt, or if you experience any side effects – however slight – please consult your doctor or healthcare professional.