ROSEMARY (Salvia rosmarinus) – loose leaf herb
T ‘n’ T Teas is a company run by qualified herbalists and natural therapists (and author of a forthcoming book on the subject of therapeutic herbs), using traditional remedies that have been handed down through the generations.
This offer is for a single herb ingredient, but contact us for a personalised consultation for herbal ingredient mixes that are tailored to your requirements. Contact us on our website, or through the eBay/Amazon messages.
Traditional therapeutic use
Rosemary is a member of the mint family with an evocative aroma, used widely in cooking (helps to digest meat).
- Strong neurological benefits, such as memory and concentration enhancement.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Protects the kidneys and gallbladder function.
- Protects and prevents the brain from ageing.
- Potentially reduces the risk of cancer.
- Powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.
- Antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Helps boost the immune system.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Considered a cognitive stimulant and can help improve memory performance and quality.
- Boosts alertness, intelligence, and focus.
- Reduces anxiety and stress.
- Maintains gut health.
- Protective effect on the liver.
- Balances hormones.
- May promote weight loss.
- Promotes hair growth, prevent baldness, slow graying, and treat dandruff.
- Helps improve skin health.
Possible side effects & interactions
Although the plant is classified as safe even at higher concentrations, its long-term excessive use may have side effects like:
- Skin irritation.
- Itchy scalp in bald patients.
- Increase blood glucose level in diabetics.
- Induce convulsions like epilepsy.
- Muscle spasms.
Our plants are harvested during particular seasons, times of the day and according to the lunar calendar to ensure the plants or parts of it have the highest nutritional value. For example, roots are picked on a waning moon. Once harvested, they are packaged by hand because we try to avoid using metal equipment and utensils that could reduce the beneficial properties of the plant.
Because these products do contain active ingredients, please ensure that you do not exceed the recommended doses and if in any doubt, or if you experience any side effects – however slight – please consult your doctor or healthcare professional.